Examples of radiation sources:
- Electron microscopeMedical MR
- Laser (hazard classes 3B and 4)
- Ultraviolet light, wavelength below 280 nm
To comply with requirements for safe work, focus must be on:
- Secure use of radiation sources.
- Reducing possible exposure from sources of radiation.
- Reducing the use of ionizing radiation.
- Preventing any emissions of environmentally harmful sources of radiation.
The following documentation should be available for each type of equipment / scientific project:
- Risk assessment.
- Procedures (SOP).
- Registration of use in EcoExposue.
- Laboratory journal
See here for more information.