The safety of employees, students and guests is our number one priority. Systematic HSE work will ensure that health and environment are safeguarded in a way that the risk of hazards and accidents is reduced, as well as emphasizing the positive health-promoting factors in the working environment.
All groups / units are encouraged to review or risk assess their work routines and write procedures to ensure employee safety and quality at work.
In a laboratory there may be many risk factors, the following topics are described:
- General work procedures
- Working with chemicals
- Online database for chemical datasheets and exposure register
- Working with biological factors
- Working with laboratory animals
- Working with radiation
- Working with gas
- Working with liquid nitrogen
- Safety and emergency preparedness
- Fire instruction
See here for internal UoB guidelines for risk assessments.